Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's the start of another work week - yet one day closer to a little Floridian vacation! April 10 is the departure date, to be exact. I'm really looking forward to it! The bf (it's been confirmed! good thing because it was starting to stress me out - doesn't take much to do that, btw) is coming with me and we're staying at my parent's house on Clearwater Beach. They'll be there too. I'm excited.

So - moving backwards. here's a little weekend re-cap for you. It was a fun-filled weekend and I stayed pretty busy - which I like.

Friday night-
Hot date night. We had a great dinner at Carrabba's and I just love it there. I hadn't dined there in a long time and it re-confirmed my love for the restaurant. It was packed, too! We kind of split our dinners. I went with the Chicken Marsala - amazing! and He had tilapia. Great! The salads and pasta sides and bread were outstanding, as well. We also really loved the picture of red sangria that we ordered. We even got the recipe from the waitress on how to make it. Mmmm...It is great. I'd like a glass right now, actually. Too bad it's only 11:14 a.m. on a Monday. Plus, I'm at work. Anyways, it was very fun. And I love doing a "cheers" upon the first sip of a drink. And he is learning this, slowly but surely. So we "cheers" to "the third round of sangria" ...which I think meant... that was our third time having it together. But don't you love celebrating a good drink with a great cheers? I love celebrating anything. It makes life that much more interesting and exciting.

So, moving right along.
Saturday. Jam-packed with adventure. I had to go to the doctors which is near my home town. So Tim came with me and I really gave him the back-stage tour of where I'm from. He was a good sport, because it was long day. So we went to my sister's house, to Eddie's for lunch (where I grew up working at), to my parent's house, to my hometown for the belated St. Patrick's Day Parade, to my grandparent's house, to a driving tour of my town, to back to Syracuse, to the movies. We saw Taken and I liked it; however, I felt very disturbed afterwards. I thought about all of the situations I have put myself in - and I am lucky to be alive. It's a scary world out there - don't trust anyone. Well, you can trust a handful of people but that's about it.

Sunday
Gym, picked up some tasty subs from Wegmans for lunch, went over to Tim's to watch the SU game (GO CUSE!), then went to the mall for an afternoon of shopping. I made quite a few purchases to enhance my spring clothing wardrobe. I still have work to do, but it was fun.

So, that was my weekend in a nutshell. But it was a good one. Now, thinking about the upcoming weekend. I might be going on a 'spontaneous weekend getaway' ... however...due to the fact that I have five days to plan it...makes it not so spontaneous.

The choices:

Lake Placid, NY
Niagara Falls, NY
Toronto, Ontario

Which one would you choose and why?

Stay sassy!

-D

1 comment:

  1. Well your weekend sounded quite fabulous!! I cant wait to see all the new clothes and I would say Lake Placid or Toronto!! I have never been to both but I know that they are great town/city to walk around and visit lots of fun places and go on some adventures!! Let me know which destination you decide on:) I will definitly chat with you about K and K's and the Good Life:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.