Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Orange Day!

I'm wearing a really cute laced orange tank with matching cardigan today in celebration of Orange Day! Basically, it's a day for all Syracuse University Alumni/a to show their school spirit and also give back to their communities. I am wearing orange - however - I don't have anything planned in an effort to "give back" today. I'll have to think on that one.

So last night was a good one. I went to the gym after work - which I didn't want to do - but then was so happy I did once I left. I did the treadmill for 45 minutes and it felt fabulous. Then I did some weights and attempted to conquer that medicine ball. Let's just say I have some work to do.

Then I went tanning. Which I did slightly burn a touch - but it was worth it. It felt so great! I can't wait to do it again in a few days. I've got to get a tan before I go to Florida to help camouflage my beached whale of a body. Hope it works!

Then Sassy Sara (see picture) met me at Wegmans for dinner and gossip and grocery shopping. It was an exceptional time. (Thanks for meeting me there, lovey!) We basically determined that we are so thankful that we escaped our small hometown drama and depression by moving to the big city (well, really not big at all, but it sounds good). I think it's safe to say that we are both happy that we are not pregnant or planning on having any kids anytime soon - unlike so many girls we graduated with. Go us! :o)

So - it's only Tuesday and I can't wait for the weekend. Well, actually, I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I'm only working a half day and then hopefully I go visit the bf and my friend that lives in his apartment complex.

Last night we discussed our 'spontaneous getaway' and I think we are leaning towards the Canadian side of Niagara Falls - however, I don't even know if we will really go or not. We (or at least me) are supposed to be saving money for Florida and other items...such as a new car. So, we'll see what happens.

Ok - I've got to make my oatmeal and get to work.

Stay sassy!

-D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out my sassy friend!!! Just got back from the women's luncheon..it was nice..had yummu chicken and rice and chocolate brownie!! Hope you are having a ravishing day!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.