Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Zumba!

Are you already dancing in your seat.  Feel like doing a little salsa?  :)  That is the feeling I get when I even say Zumba.  Actually, I think I kind of sing it with a sassy latin beat.  It's fun to say and even more fun to do.  However, talk to me like 35 minutes into it and I'm not having that much fun.  It's an hour long and I am having a hard time breathing by the time it's over!  I seem to be able to run better on a tredmill than do Zumba. It's crazy.  I know.


But I went to a new dance studio Monday night with my BFF Jess and we tried out a Zumba class.  It was pretty packed with other females (not one guy was there) and was a fun thing to do together.  I just don't know if I'm going to be losing weight with that class.  I think a weight lifting class or pilates class would serve me better, physically speaking, for an hour, than Zumba will/does.  That may not be a fair assesment however, because I've never done it consistently.  Anyway, if you haven't taken a Zumba class, I suggest that you do.  It's a fun thing to do and it gives you good practice in the hip shaking area.

The music is fabulous, too. 

-Dining Diva

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.