Monday, November 23, 2009

Wonderful Weekend; Short Week Ahead

I love weekends.  I feel so powerful every Friday at 5 p.m. because I have my entire weekend ahead of me and can do whatever I want, whenever I want, with anyone I want to.  Saturdays are great, too.  By Sunday night, I'm a little bummed.  This is a weekly occurrence.  Does this happen to you, too?  I mentioned this to the BF's sister last night when I went over for dinner and she agreed with me.  So after dinner, she and I went to a local park to walk through a major holiday light display.  (Mind you, the light display does not officially begin until tonight, so there were not that many turned on last night; but it was still refreshing to get some exercise and fresh air.) 

Overall, it was a nice weekend. I got to spend quite a bit of time with my best friend and her boyfriend and my BF so that was nice.  (She's a nurse and works every other weekend, so that makes doing things together kind of a pain in the butt.)

Friday:  Came home from work and exercised at my gym for a good amount of time.  Quickly showered and dressed.  Went to the BF's place and met up with my best friend and her bf and we all went and saw New Moon!  That was an experience.  I should have brought a camera so I could take a picture of the hundreds of girls wrapping around and around the mall movie complex in a giant line.  It was craziness.  They had the movie playing every half hour and the tickets were sold out.  Luckily, my friend ordered tickets in advance.  I must say, our men were good sports because they had to miss the end of a very good college basketball game on TV to make it to the movie in time.  Also, it's not like they really wanted to be standing in an overwhelming amount of teenage girls freaking out over this movie.  :o)  But it all worked out and I think they liked it.  I thought it was good; the books are so much better though. 

Saturday:  Slept in!  It was nice.  Went to the gym and then went grocery shopping.  My friend and I made dinner for our boyfriends and we drank beer/wine and watched football with all intention of going "out."  Our journey downtown to the bars never happened, but I was fine with that; I think we all were full and lazy.  What was for dinner you ask: 
-Beef roll-ups (Take thickly sliced roast beef deli meat, stuff with stuffing and pour gravy over the roll-ups in a baking dish. tooth pick hold the beef roll-up together.  Bake for 30 minutes.)
-Green bean casserole
-Garlic mashed potatoes
-Rye bread and dill dip boat
**We had so much food; I wish I would have been thinking and called Miss. Sass to come over for dinner, too!**

Sunday: Went for a walk at a local park with the bf, ate at Quaker Steak & Lube with his friends, met my parents at some local shops, bought icing tips and frosting for my Thanksgiving Sugar Cookies that I'm bringing for Thanksgiving, Went to BF's parent's house for dinner, walked at park, organized bills!

Nothing too exciting, but it was a good weekend!

Just three days of work and then I'm going to PA with the BF and his family for Thanksgiving.  I'm excited!

Have a great Monday!

-Dining Diva

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.