Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm 25 and Feelin' Alive!

Last year was a great year; and I've got a feeling that it's going to another great year. Here's a re-cap of birthday 25 which was on Thursday, June 24.

Thursday morning kicked off with a delivery of the most gorgeous flower bouquet I've ever seen; complete with a purple vase. (Compliments of my love muffin.) They are still alive and smell like the sweet scents of Hawaii.

I actually had to take a the afternoon off and go home and chug a bottle of Miralax.  Yes.  My birthday wish was to go potty! Awesome, huh?  Sorry for TMI but I have been having digestive issues for a year now and for the past month, they have gotten quite bad.  So I went home and took care of the situation.  Tim was also home, so it was nice to lay around on the coach with him in between running to the toilet! Kind of comical if you ask me.  Again, sorry for TMI.   By the evening I was feeling better and actually went out for a fun birthday dinner with my best friend Jess and her boyfriend Jeff.  (They also live in the same apartment complex as Tim and I.)  It was a restaurant on a lake and there was a live band and lots of entertainment and people watching.  We had a great time and meal!  The birthday girl even got a complimentary dessert of choice - hot fudge brownie sundae! Yummo!

Friday I took the day off from work and spent it with my family on the lake. It was sunny and gorgeous!  We went for a long boat ride and soaked up some sunshine.  I also consumed an entire bottle of Red Cat wine on my own; so fabulous! I also spent some time with my grandparents; it was an all around great day.

The rest of the weekend was also nice. My parents had a tasty ice cream cake for me and other treats. Oh and Tim also gave me a beautiful diamond and sapphire necklace which I love.  He's a sweet boy, my Timmy.

So now I just have to get through this week because Saturday I have special guests arriving for a fun-filled Fourth of July on the lake! The same special guests came last Memorial Day.  Read about that visit here.

Happy Summer! I wish I was a teacher today. ;)

~Dining Diva

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great time! Do you feel like 25 is way older than 24? That's how I felt on my bday....maybe I'm just weird. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.