That was my thought after attending wedding two out of eight (for the summer/fall) this past Saturday. There was a beautiful theme that was carried throughout the wedding brochures to the table tents to the display over the fireplace. I loved every detail. Here were a few of my favorites in no particular order. (I wish I had photos to go along with this post to help you visualize).
1. The professionalism of the program hand-out at the wedding. The font was fabulous and there was even a romantic poem on the back.
2. Flowers along some of the pews down the aisle of the Church that matched the theme and the program hand-out.
3. The couple's dog was outside at the end of the service and part of the bridal party line. They love their doggy so much that the favor was a huge cut-out cookie that looked like the dog - and it was delicious!
4. Red velvet wedding cake with butter cream frosting
5. The reception was at a golf course. When you entered the club house, there was a table that looked like grass. On the grassy table were little black rocks. The rocks had guests' names with corresponding table numbers. I loved that detail and I'll be sure to keep the rock.
5. I liked the framed photo of the happy couple that was on display and was also the guest book. I believe they'll hang it on the wall in their home.
6. The appetizers that were passed around before dinner began. Jump shrimp and chicken skewers and other tasty treats.
7.The silky chair covers! They made the room look so elegant, although the bride said they were pretty expensive. I think it was a great investment in their wedding.
8. The happy and in-love couple. They were so sweet and walked around to all the tables to say thank you and ask how our meals were. Then they danced the night away together.
This is a poorly written post and is lacking the details I wish I could convey to you because I was blown away at this wedding. Plus, it was a family wedding, so it was great to see so many loved ones at a celebratory event and not a funeral (which is unfortunately, too often the case).
Wedding number three is this weekend and I am a bridesmaid. I still haven't gotten my dress back from alterations - so I hope it fits tomorrow when I get it.
I'll be sure to fill you in on the wedding and hopefully have photos for you to see!