Thursday, June 3, 2010

Roaming the Rockies

.   .   .was amazing!!! I had the best week in Colorado.  Better that I even expected.  I have so many fabulous photos to share.  They'll come in another post.

 I stayed at the St. Regis Hotel in Aspen and it was out of this world, wonderful.  I loved the nightly bedroom turn-downs, complete with calm music playing on the Bose speaker, water, chocolate, a warm bathrobe, slippers, and a humidifier (for the dry air).  The fresh flowers and huge shower head in the marble bathroom were just a few more perks.  The customer service was unbelievable, beginning with check-in.  "Would you like room service to come in the morning or afternoon?" "What newspapers would you like to receive?" The life of luxury is fabulous.  I can't believe people actually stay there during peak season and pay close to $2,000 a night for the room I was in!  Craziness. The conference I was attending was also fantastic with amazing women.  I had a great time and learned so much.  How many of you are using Foursquare?

Tim flew into Denver towards the end of the week, got a rental car, and drove four hours up to Aspen to meet me.  He stayed in my sassy room for the night and then we spent the next day together exploring Aspen. Then we took the Scenic Bypass to Denver.  That was the most beautiful and amazingly scenic drive I've ever experienced.  Just wait until I post pictures.  It looks like I edited the photos and dropped myself into them.  If you haven't been up in the mountains of Colorado, I suggest you put it on your to-do list.  And the heat was so nice! I was at the top of a mountain wearing shorts and flip-flops, standing in a pile of snow, with the sun and blue sky shining on me.  Loved it!

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Denver at his friend's condo in the downtown area.  It was gorgeous.  We had a lot of fun - went to the Denver Botanical Gardens, a Rockies game, partied downtown, and went to the Rocky Mountain National Park and to Boulder.  I loved everything.  When we went out downtown, my friend from my hometown met up with us.  She moved to Denver after college graduation.  Once "Like A Prayer" came on speakers - we were up and dancing the night away.  (Except for when I had to take breathers, because let me tell you, the elevation makes you get out of breath like that! It was crazy.)

So stay tuned for photos.

And just for the record, I love living with  my love muffin.  I've never been happier. And I talked with his sister about living with him (because she thinks he should have proposed to me before moving in together).  But I think she understands now and isn't upset with us (which was my concern). 

I think our relationship is wonderful and I'm confident that it's moving in the right direction and everything will just fall into place.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful (and short) week!

~Dining Diva

P.S. It's my parent's 30th anniversary this weekend and I want to make a fabulous dessert.  Suggestions and recipes are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fabulous time in Colorado!! I miss you!! Hope to see you next week some time!! Congrats to ur parents!! I recently made a smores parfait. If you have a trifle dish its quite easy, just layer graham cracker, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and hershey bars! Its delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! Happy Anniversary to two of my faves! It's a great time of year for fresh fruit, especially at farmers markets. I suggest a pie or a crumble or something like that.

    And glad to hear you loved your trip to Colorado, not that I ever doubted for one second you would. You're the most optimistic traveler I know.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.