Thursday, May 6, 2010

One Down, Seven Weddings to Go

The wedding season has officially begun.  Tim and I went to my hometown friend's wedding on May 1 and we had a really nice time.  That was my first friend to get married.  It's crazy that we're really growing up.  Or already grown up.  My next wedding is for a family member in early June, and then it will be That's Sassy!'s wedding on June 19.  I actually am a bridesmaid in that wedding and I hope I'm up to the task! :)  I'm just slightly nervous about not being Catholic and messing something up (because it will be in a Catholic church).  But I'm excited! Just need to get my dress taken care of by a seamstress and then need to find a full-length slip because you can see through the dress - and I highly doubt anyone wants to see this fanny walking down the aisle! :)  Any suggestions on where to get a strapless, long slip?

Just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and it was great.  Now I am looking forward to watching the movie and getting another good book to read!  I'm going to use your suggestions when I pick up my next batch of reading materials at the public library. 

On to my love muffin.  His brother and sister-in-law who currently reside in China came to visit for the past two days.  I had briefly met his brother before, but this was my first encounter with his sister-in-law.  She was so nice and it was great to meet some more of his family.  We went out to dinner on Tuesday night (Tim and I, his parents, sister, bro, and sis-in-law) and then his mom had a bbq dinner last night and some more people came over.  It was actually really fun and nice to have such a large gathering.  I also drank a few beers and didn't feel bad about it. (HELLO! IT WAS CINCO DE MAYO!) Sometimes I get nervous to actually have a beer or alcoholic beverage for that matter around his family because they don't drink and are pretty straight edge.  (My family on the other hand is a bunch of party animals - so you see how I have to kind of mellow myself out when I go to his family gatherings.)  Well, I have just realized that I can just be myself and drink a beer or two.  Big deal.  I'm a good person and yes, I like to have a good time.  I am sure they are fine with it, I was just nervous. 

Am I the only one who can get along with anyone and talk to the person next to me on the plane like I've known them forever; but get all awkward with my bf's fam?

~Happy Thursday!~
Dining Diva

1 comment:

  1. Stop justifying! Justifying actions is what people do when they think they've done something wrong deep down and are now trying to convince themselves and others it was ok. You, my friend, have absolutely nothing to justify! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.