Monday, July 27, 2009

{Inspired}

Have you ever heard of Iron Girl? Well we had our first of three Iron Girl Triathlons in Syracuse this weekend and it was AMAZING. I cried throughout the event because it was just beautiful to see all of these women, of all ages (14-70), sizes, abilities; unite and take on a triathlon. I wish I did it, but I was so glad that I was there to just support my co-workers/friends who did it and help with the media. It was a 800 meter swim in open water, 18 miles bike ride, and a 5 k run. So it was a triathlon sprint. There were cancer survivors, sisters, friends, daughters - you name it. It was just awesome. There are Iron Girl events around the country - so if you can do one - do it. http://www.irongirl.com/ has all the info. So it will be coming back to our city for the next two years and I plan on doing it next time! Here are some pictures from the event.




The swim.















Running with her kids to the finish line. So touching. Again, I cried. :o)







My co-workers! Woo Woo! That's my roomie on far left.
So Iron Girl started at 7 a.m. yesterday morning so I was up early yesterday and afterwards was my annual family reunion. That was a good time, too. The BF came with me and got to meet ever more of my family.
So, back to work, but I wanted to share what an Inspiration Iron Girl was this weekend!
-Dining Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.