Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to a New Decade

Wow.  2010.  Where has the time gone?  I remember the party that I went to to celebrate 2000.  It involved many people from my high school and was out of control for a little freshman like myself.  It's even more memorable now because the host of the party (his parent's were out of town) has since passed away from liver cancer.  He was an amazing person.  .   .  .  That just is a reminder to always live in the moment and make memories because every day truly is a gift.  So here's to a happy and healthy 2010 for all of us! 

This is my first week back to work since a very nice and lengthy (2 weeks +) vacation.  I had a great time in Florida with my family.  The weather was far from warm (thank God I brought my Uggs and gloves and scarf) but it there was sunshine and no snow (unlike Upstate New York) so I couldn't really complain.  I worked on my tennis skills (aka - lost a few balls in the community pool behind the courts) and rode my beach cruiser like a champ.  Our holiday drink of choice consisted of champagne and either orange juice (mimosa) or cranberry juice (poinsetta). 

I came back home in time to spend New Year's Eve with the BF and I'm glad I did.  He was prepared with all of the important ingredients to make homemade sangria (powerful & delicious! We got the recipe from an amazing restaurant in Boston that we recently visited) and some fun surprises.  We went to dinner with my best friend and her boyfriend and then came back and sipped sangria and blew noisemakers at midnight.  Pretty low key and that was fine.  I was just happy to be together.  I feel like 2010 is going to be a wonderful year all around.

An important item on the agenda is getting the BF out of his current job and find a new one.  The hard part is picking the location of his new job.  We are torn between staying near our families in NYS or moving to a warmer climate with more activity in the south.  He also really loves Denver, CO and has put some feelers out in that area as well; I'm not sure if I am crazy about that idea. 

Any suggestions on great places to live and work in the southeast would be much appreciated. 

Have a great day!
-Dining Diva

1 comment:

  1. Move to Texas, but not right now because it's balls cold here. ;) Happy 2010 to you doll face. Hope it's a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.