Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seasonal Sickness

. . .go away! I haven't even had a chance to tell you all what a fabulous long weekend I had with the BF and my parents in Clearwater Beach, FL. It was so hot and the ocean was just as warm and it was like playing in a giant hot tub for four days straight. I need to post pictures but they are all on my mom's camera. Once I get them up, I'll post. So I must have caught some serious airplane sickness because I got home, went to work and the next day...BAM! It hit me like a ton of bricks! So that was a week ago and I am still feeling exhausted. I hope I am not having a flashback to my freshman year of college sickness: MONO! But that's how I feel right about now. So I hope I feel better soon because I have missed two date nights now. Last Thursday and today. The BF has been helpful though. He's visited me daily to bring me things to drink and eat. Right now I wish I was typing from my bed. Actually, I wish I was sleeping in my bed. And my back is throbbing. I need a serious back massage. Hopefully I can talk the BF into doing that for me tonight. . . if he's touch me. He obviously doesn't want to get sick and I am probably contagious. Or at least I was before the medicine kicked in. But he doesn't even get sick days at his job and he's a dentist! You would think someone working in the health field would get sick days. Doesn't make any sense to me...but that is just another reason why he needs to look for a different job. Hopefully he'll find a spot he would like to work at.
It stinks not to like your job because it is a place where you spend A LOT OF TIME. Which brings me to my next point. I don't really want to work at 8-5 job for the rest of my life. I'll miss out on so much if I'm always at work. Too bad I need the money. But one day I would like to have a family and then I really don't want to work 8-5. My mom always worked part-time and I thought that was normal. I'm so sad to find out it's not. I see many more work days in my future. :o( If only I could be an independent entrepreneur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.