Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dining Diva Goes Coupon Crazy

I could almost guarantee you that T would think this is an appropriate title for this post.  So maybe cutting and printing coupons has slightly consumed me over the past three weeks and maybe I did miss an hour of the Bachelor last night to go to Target and the grocery store to use my coupons.  What can I say?  When the Today Show featured the Coupon Mom a month or so ago; I was totally inspired.  Then I stumbled upon these blogs: Maven of Savin' and Frugal Living and Having Fun - and they lit my coupon cutting fire.  (Side note:  I find that I am now buying items that I don't really need at the moment such as three jars of peanut butter and two jars of Hellman's Mayo; but I will be prepared when I do need them . . .)




Interesting, huh?

So last night I got these deals at Target, thanks to Frugal Living and Having Fun.  I also saved over $40 at my local grocery store!  (Let's just say I'm stocked up on Yoplait yogurts and Smart Ones.)

I'm sure my passion of coupons may slightly fade, but in a time where I'm trying to grow my savings account, I'm up for the challenge.

Also - just wanted to let you all know the musical Wicked was so amazing!  If you have the chance to see it, I highly recommend it!  It happened to be a blizzard the night of the show and my mom and sister had to drive close to an hour to make it downtown.  I was really anxious knowing they were venturing through the blizzard, but thank goodness everyone made it safely.  We met at a really tasty restaurant/pub that was within walking distance of the show.  I had an amazing buffalo chicken wrap and fries.  The boys had burgers and mom and sister had a rueben. Then we made it to the show right in time and we loved it! I continue to find myself randomly bursting out with the lyrics, "Because I knew you!"  . . . (my apologies to all ears within listening range.)

My best friend and her boyfriend and T and I at the show.  (Mom and sister were there, too.)

On that note - I hope you all have a great day!

~Dining Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.