Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa Delivered

Hi everyone!

Remember when holiday time was relaxing and all you had to do was wake up early Christmas morning and see what Santa brought you?!  Don't get me wrong; I love shopping for Christmas gifts and wrapping them and making Christmas cookies (and eating them), but for some reason, I haven't had a chance to stop and enjoy a warm crackling fire place and/or bake any cookies.  And I'm leaving in the morning for Florida.  I still need to clean and pack, but once I get there, I am looking forward to just relaxing and running on the beach and listening to the waves crash.  But everything just feels so rushed.

We did Christmas with my grandparents this weekend.  It was nice.  I really have the greatest grandparents.  They are so gracious and loving.  I can't imagine my life without them.  Actually, it was a little sad because for the first time EVER, my grampy wrote out our Christmas cards.  My grandma ALWAYS has done that and had her cards done months in advance.  That was just a tell-tale sign that she is getting older and suffering from a few things including slight forgetfulness.  I'm glad she was there to celebrate with us and I'll keep this Christmas card forever because it was so special to get it with my grandpas's handwriting; but still sad that my grandma wasn't up to it.  But I think it's so sweet that my grandpas stepped up and helped my grandpa and ensured that the cards were ready to go.  They have been married for 65+ years and you can tell.  I just love them.


So then I exhanged gifts with the BF last night.  That was fun.  I have been working endlessly on a scrapbook for him and I finished it yesterday afteroon.  I think he really liked it.  We have had such an amazing year together and been able to travel quite a bit; I couldn't let this year go by without giving it a scrapbook.  It was my first one and I had a lot of fun making it.  (The BF gave me a digital camera for Christmas so from now on I will be able to take pictures of things.  He also gave me a really nice pair of Uggs! )

I gave him the Keurig coffee maker and accesssories.  A coffee maker for Christmas?  Yes.  That's what he wanted.

My best friend came over too and we exchanged gifts as well.  I gave her a unique bracelet that I found in a super cute boutique in Boston.  She gave me a fabulous gift, too. . . Sex and the City DVD and cute JCREW pjs.  I'll be packing those for Florida!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year celebration!  I'll be back home to celebrate New Years Eve with my love muffin and friends, so that is great. 

Life is good.

Happy Holidays!
-Dining Diva

Here's a picture of the BF and me in Boston a few weekends ago . . .

And when I get back from Florida, I get to doggy-sit my adorable little friend, Bella.

1 comment:

  1. Great article!
    I love Keurig Brewer as well. Makes Great coffee - fast, easy and no mess :). But K-Cups for it not cheap. Actually 40c-50c per cup. Here's website with K-Cup Coffee coupons if you interesting.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.