Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Travel - How I Love You. . .

So life and work (work, especially) has been SUPER busy lately! I thought summer was supposed to be relaxing. Not the case! So glad we took a little trip to Cape May, NJ - or I would feel like I never had a vacation. However, I am about to do some more travelling.

Just two more days of work (and I'm out of the office all day tomorrow) and then I leave bright and early (with BF) for Lake Tahoe and San Francisco!

I'll be in LT for a conference and my boss will be coming too. So the BF will do his own thing and then I'll be ready to hit the road to CA once the conference is over with. We decided on Amtrak for transportation to SF and I'm kind of excited about that. So that will def. be less expensive than our $600 rental car. There was no way around the one-way rental fee and I didn't want to give in. But no car will actually work well, then we can do all of the day trips and not feel bad that we aren't using our car. So. . .I have to get our tickets, but I did Priceline our hotel (Thanks for teaching me about that Ka.) and we have a fabulous hotel for just $85/night! That is amazing.

So then we'll fly back home and have Labor Day to relax and then it's back to work to face my giant to-do list.

Also, upon our return, it will soon be BF's 30th birthday!!! So that is something to celebrate and I need to get on top of that, too.

In preparation of my trip, I got a pedi and mani on lunch today. But the shoes I had on totally messed up my pedi (because I didn't wait long enough for them to dry) and I messed up my mani, slightly. So that was dumb, but hopefully no one will be able to tell.

So tonight our office is having happy hour for our departing intern, but I am not going to go. Too much to do and not enough time. I hope to exercise and start packing. The attire for our conference is "resort casual"...now what the heck is that?

OK, have a great day!

-Dining Diva

1 comment:

  1. You traveling diva!! You must be getting very excited for your trip!! Thurs night my sis is coming up and we are going to the Kelly Clarkson concert at the fair and staying the night but I should be around friday if you have some time to catch up! If not we will definitly have to get together in September...its been far far too long!!! love and miss you lots:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.