Friday, August 28, 2009

Packing and Prep: Excited!

I am so excited to go out West tomorrow! It's going to be a great time. I am finishing up projects at work today and luckily will be bringing a laptop so I can check emails, etc. . . I need a Blackberry! Hopefully my phone will be getting upgraded later this month!

Today I have a major FOOD HANGOVER. I had to work at the State Fair yesterday and then afterwards, I went with my roomie all around the fairgrounds to consume everything that was delicious and drink wine slush's. Mmmm! We had giant steak sandwiches smothered in fried onions and mushrooms, along with french fries covered in cheddar cheese. Holy heart attack! But it was amazing. I never let myself eat THAT bad...and boy was it amazing! Then we had a foot-long fried dough each. My personal favorite food at the fair. Then we had the legendary $.25 chocolate milk. Then a sangria wine slushy. Later on, (I know, I know...why didn't I just stop!) we each had an amazing chicken gyro. She also had Greek fries which I had a few. Those were awesome! I have never had Greek fries before, have you? Then we kept walking around and were able to totally enjoy the FREE Sara Evans concert! So good. She is beautiful. And her two sisters are backup singers and her brother plays the bass guitar. How cool is that?! Then after all of our singing and dancing, we thought, why not end the day with a hot fudge sundae, complete with vanilla custard ice cream?! Oh yea. I like to tell myself that the calories don't count at the fair; hence, my food hangover. I would like to add that I was at the fair from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. So it's not like I shoved my face in just a few hours, I did it all within 12 hours. Hello exercise, I will see you tonight.

Also tonight, I need to PACK! It's hard to know what to bring because it sounds like the temperatures will really fluctuate in both Tahoe and SF. I hope my suitcase can handle the pressure!

Ok, back to work.

-Dining Diva

1 comment:

  1. mmm...greek fries. thats what I crave every year at our greek fest. and must. try. this. wine slush? yum

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.