Friday, February 27, 2009

Sex and the City. . .in my city

For two weeks, my Upstate New York city has been offering 'Downtown Dining Week', which is basically a great opportunity to drive downtown and dine at close to 20 fabulous restaurants. The incentive? A three-course meal can be yours for just $25! So, of course, the healthy eater that I am, couldn't pass up an offer like this. So, three outstanding co-workers along with myself made 8 p.m. reservations at a very hip and trendy restaurant focused on American cuisine. The whole experience was out-of-this-world. We sat at a very cute table for four in the back of the restaurant (which is beaming with history and great colors and design) - we really felt like the ladys from Sex and the City. (Maybe that's why our conversations seemed to be quite focused on the former!)

Our waitress was great and very informative. We had questions on everything from the wine to the dessert and she had all of the answers. Bottles of wine were only $10! So of course, we each had our own. (We also sampled each others).

I had a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with sweet mashed potatoes and cauliflower. It was fabulous. My fellow dining divas treated themselves to delicacies ranging from spicy catfish to fillet to sweet and juicy chicken breast.

Dessert for me was an espresso slice of heaven with a buttery crust. It was strawberry truffle for the others. Light and fluffy. But in all reality, my favorite dessert is still a hot fudge sundae or just a vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. I usually think simple is better. But what do I know?

Well, for all of this food chit-chat, I think my butt is growing! Does anyone ever sit on a stability ball at work instead of a chair? That would be a great idea. I know I've seen where some people walk on treadmills while at their desk. (What!) I don't think I could handle the pressure. :o)

Have a fabulous day.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message! I love to hear from you.